The IEEE Computer Society Special Technical Community on Sustainable Computing (STCSC) takes a holistic view of information technology (IT). Any domain that uses or could potentially benefit from using IT is relevant to STCSC. The two primary goals of STCSC are to promote the design and implementation of sustainable computing and to facilitate computing for sustainability.
- With respect to these primary goals, topics relevant to STCSC include (but are not limited to):
- Energy efficient design and operation of IT equipment (servers, storage and networks)
- Sustainability across the lifecycle of IT equipment and processes
- Measurement and evaluation of the sustainability of existing IT infrastructures
- Models or methods that facilitate more sustainable computing
- Use of computing to systematically improve the sustainability of non-IT processes